Berlin – The capital’s eSport Academy is taking off: 256 Talented FIFA 18 players will get their chance to gain a place in Hertha BSC’s eSport academy on April 7 by showcasing their skills in front of the PlayStation.
The event will take place in the Kühlhaus Berlin in Kreuzberg from 11:00 and will be the first of five Offline and three Online scouting missions held to fill the two to four places available in the academy.
With 2,100 people expected to attend the eight tryouts, anyone who wants to take part should be quick with their application as participation per event is limited. Gamers can be aged between 12 and 18, and there is no entry fee.
You can register for the tournaments HERE.
Overseeing the events will be Gamers such as Ben ‚NoHandGaming‘ Paul, who will host the trials. Ben has over 370,000 subscribers to his YouTube channel and can be regarded as one of the best FIFA players in Germany. Elias ‘Mern22’ Nerlich, who currently represents the eSport Academy in the virtual Bundesliga will also be in attendance. Everyone who takes part in the competitions will receive a smoothie courtesy of our event partner AOK Nordost.
Tournament dates and Overview:
• 7th April (11-6): Kühlhaus Berlin (256 places)
• 11th April (from 18.00): Online-Qualifier 1 (512 places)
• 21th April (11-6): Schinkelhalle Potsdam (128 places)
• 25th April (ab 18.00): Online-Qualifier 2 (512 places)
• 29th April (11-6): Eventloft Berlin (128 places)
• 26th May (11-6): Sport and Kongresshalle Schwerin (128 places)
• 30th May (from 18.00): Online-Qualifier 3 (512 places)
• 16-17 June: Final at the eSport Academy (Final 20)